Thursday, March 17, 2011

Reflection Statement

For my persuasive English speech I choose becoming an organ donor. The side I choose was in favour of becoming an organ donor. I choose this for a variety of reasons.
The main reason and why it caught my eye was that I generally believe donating an organ to save lives is a fantastic thing to do. Although personally I would probably only donate once I’m dead, I still believe anyone who donates, either when their alive or after they have died is generally a good person who with the donation, saved and dramatically changed one or more peoples lives. Something so simple that does not affect the donator physically at all can actually save a life, you need no medical training, and it doesn’t even cost you. It is the closest you will be to having some sort of godly power.

That was the main reason. The second reason I had for choosing this topic is that it is a very negotiable and very interesting topic with lots of views, though as the main benefit from donating an organ is saving a life, it makes it so much easier for me to persuade my audience in favour of donating then it is to persuade them against it.

The third reason why I choose this topic in favour of donating is that there is a lot of information about donating that majority of people don’t know. For this reason, my speech will be made far more interesting as the audience is far more likely to want to listen if they are hearing new things that they had not yet heard of. Other speeches majority of people already know a lot about the topic therefore making the speech boring and pointless causing them to not listen to what you are saying.

I choose in favour of becoming an organ donor because becoming an organ donor is a great topic I decided, to write a persuasive speech about with heavy pathos. T o be precise, a kind of story that puts the audience into the story as the character. The word, imagine draws the audience in at the start of my speech and makes them try to comprehend what I am saying also bringing them into this story. To appeal to the audiences emotions even more, the story, although not based on any one in particular, makes the audience self consciously think about Knox. For example: train station, their real English teachers name Mr Cav, the fact that we are being selected for our winter sports teams right now, and the person in the story is presenting  his English speech which the audience are also doing further making them become one with the character in the story. Most of my speech is in second-person helping them connect as it feels like I am talking directly to each person in the audience.
I then backed up my speech with some logos.


I intend to present my speech in slowly and deliberately serious as it is a serious topic. I will also use

No comments:

Post a Comment