Saturday, February 12, 2011

Inserting Yourself in a Speech - 'Any Given Sunday'

1. How does Al Pacino's character talk about himself in his speech? 

He talks about himself as aperson who wasted everything in life. "I made every wrong choice a middle aged man could make". He uses a biblical allusion

2. What effect does this have on the speech? (Use Quotes in your answer).

It makes the players listen to him as he is not talking himself up. He is being honest and humble which gains his teams trust.
"Now I can't do it for you.
I'm too old.
I look around and I see these young faces."

He doesn't want the same thing to happen to them and they don't want to make the same mistakes as he did. It gives the speech an inspirational energy and makes the players really think about the extra inch Al Pacino's character repeats over and over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment